There are lots of exercises for building muscles. But if you are looking forward to doing the best exercises for building the significant muscle mass, you should focus more on exercises like bent over rows, deadlifts, clean and press. The best part of these workout is that they are free weight exercises; compound movements that are designed to work on the large areas of your body. These exercises allow you to work out though a full range of motions and you cannot perform these particular motions with the machine exercises. All you need to have are barbell and dumbbell to perform these exercises. You can include these exercises in your overall routine or perform these exercises for your regular workout regimen.
Bent over rows:
One of the proven and highly effective muscle building exercises, the bent over row not only works on your back but at the same time it also works on your gluts, legs, biceps and the core of your body. While performing this particular exercise, make sure your back is straight. Hyper-extension or flexion could cause you severe injury.
This is one of the most exercises for building up lats also. Try to do the same exercise with your palms facing away from each other.
Now it’s time to know how to perform bent over rows-
1. Stand straight with your feet spaced at hip width and bent your knee slightly.
2. Keeping your back straight, bend at the hips. Hold a dumbbell in each in each of your hand. Keep your palms facing each other and suspend your arms straight down toward the floor.
3. While keeping your elbows close to your body, pull the dumbbells up to your body and try to squeeze the shoulder blade together as much as possible at the top of the motion.
4. Return your arms to slowly to the back position.
When it comes to developing the hamstring muscles, no exercises can work perfectly like a deadlift. It also works great on your core and lower back region. No doubt, the deadlift is one of the most effective mass building exercises and at the same time it also helps to gain an immense strength.
1. Stand straight with your feet spaced at shoulder width. Keep your knees inside your arms and feet flat on the floor.
2. Grab the bar with your shoulder slightly over the bar and pull it by extending the knee.
3. Keep the angle of your back constant and lift the bar straight up. Keep the bar very close to your body and make sure your shoulder is over it.
4. Now slowly return to the starting position.
Clean and Press:
No doubt, it is the best muscle building exercise for building a huge amount of strength on your upper body and shoulder. There’s no better exercise than clean and press that involves a complex motion. You can see the process of clean and press is used in a lot of strong man competition. Make sure you understand the exercise thoroughly before performing it.